Thursday, November 15, 2007

Go and Vote!

Hey all,
Just a quick update on my question to Mark Driscoll. Currently it is in the top 9. I believe we are #4. You might be wondering why I would ask a question about baptism. The reason: Baptism is a topic that has divided the church for the last 500 years. Before the Reformation, baptism was considered for the forgivness of sins, and were one recives the gift of the Holy Spirit. This is view based off of Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16 and other Bible Verses. It also the view found in the Nicene Creed, and that of the Anti-Nicene Fathers. That is the view my church and millions of churches around the world and through out history hold. Today this view on baptism is very unpopular. Many churches do not teach on Romans 6, Acts 2:36, Acts 22:16, Col 2 or from the writings of Early Church (first 300 years) and/or look into the Jewish roots of baptism.

So no matter how feel about baptism please go and vote for my question. At the very least according to the rules, Pastor Mark Driscoll, will have have to answer it. At some point I will start to publish my research on the topic of baptism.

http://askanything.marshillchurch.org/

-Mike

No comments: