Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Redeeming Friendships

I am now on Facebook and connecting up with people from my past. It has been a interasting trip the last couple of weeks. Before this my first g/f contacted me to see who I was doign through Classmates.

Most of the people that knew me in High school or college would not reconginze the man who sits behind the keyboard and challenges all us to live better for Jesus. I was differet. I did not have a good self-esteem. I did not know "WHO I AM IN CHRIST" and did not beleive that God truely loved me and cared for me.

That has all changed. As we transform into the likeness of our Savior Jesus Christ we see that he has things to say about us:

1. I am the salt of the earth and the light of the World – Matt 5:13-14
2. I am a Child of God – John 1:12
3. I am part of the True Vine, a branch of Christ’s life to bear much fruit for the Kingdom of God – John 15:1-17
4. I am Christ Jesus’ friend – John 15:15
5. I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His Fruit – John 15:16
6. I have died to myself and no longer a slave to sin, instead I am slave of righteousness – Romans 6: 1-23
7. I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing HIS inheritance with Him and will be glorified with him – Romans 8:17
8. I am child of God and He is spiritually my Father – Rom 8:14, Gal 3:26
9. I am temple, a dwelling place of God; His Spirit and His life dwell in me and I have been bought with a price – 1 Cor 3:16, 6:19-20
10. I am joined (united) to the Lord and have become one spirit with him – 1 Cor 6:17
11. I am a New Creation – 2 Cor 5:17
12. I am reconciled to God and I am minister of Reconciliation –
2 Cor 5:18-19
13. I AM A SAINT – Eph 1:1; 1 Cor 1:2; Phil 1:1; Col 1:2
14. I am God’s workmanship --- His handiwork--- Born anew in Christ Jesus to do his work –Eph 2:19
15. I am Righteous and Holy – Eph 4:24
16. I am hidden in Christ and Christ is my Life – Col 3:3-4
17. I am loved and chosen by the LORD God – 1 Thess 1:4
18. I am a Child of Light – 1 Thess 5:5
19. I am born of God and God loves me – James 5:1
20. I am a holy brother or sister, and a partaker in a heavenly calling – Heb 3:1
21. I am part of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, so that I may proclaim the excellencies of him who called me out of the darkness into Christ’ marvelous light - Peter 2:9
22. I am loved by Christ Jesus and he has freed me from my sins, by his blood and made us a kingdom, priest to His God and Father to give God glory and dominion forever and ever. – Rev 1:5-6

Because of these things. I have GOD-esteem and I know who I am. The great thing is people that I have not talked to in 18 years are now getting to see a changed man. A man that is more concerned abotu the kingdom of God, and his children then about himself.

God redeems friendships in that these people are back in my life, and they see the old addage "Look what the Lord has done to me"

-M

1 comment:

Seraphim said...

dood. look me up on facebook. seraphim walters
lyb