Monday, January 08, 2007

Throwing away Chistmas?

This past week I received permission to throw out the churches old Christmas decorations. Most people love Christmas decorations around their church. So and so paid for it, made it etc. The problem is that most of them are not only old, outdate and not in good repair. One person said dont' throw them away. My reply "Then take them home." "If they are not good enough for your house, then why would they be good enough for God's house?"

I wonder what in our lives that we need to throw out? Past fears, past hopes, past accomplishments, past struggles, ugly things from ur lives?

God knows and as we begin to "clean House" here at PCC, I ask that you allwo God to clean out the garbage in you life.





Looking for a good internet rescource for listening to good semons? Milton Jone's Sermons. You can find it on the www.NWCHURCH.NET website. Milt is one of the preachers that I have the utmost respect and love for.

No comments: