Monday, February 19, 2007

We are like water, turned into Wine

Yesterday I spoke on Jesus' first miracle: Changing Water into wine. You can read the biblical account in John chapter 2.

I find it amazing that Jesus took something as plain as water. As common as water and made it into the "good wine" of the wedding feast. How good was it? It was better than what was originally thought to be the best wine.

The neat thing is; He wants to do the same thing with our lives. Change them! Here is water everyday water, not bottled, not flavored, not even some lemon in it to help out the taste, Just water, and zap he changes it to wine. Do you realize that Jesus wants to do that to your life? That He wants to change you. To take away the dirt, the grime, the fear, the loneliness, the pain of rejection, the stress, the struggles, the things that go bump in the night. He died to take those away from you. To say "I've got you back".

Daily Jesus takes drug dealers and changed them
He takes the addict and heals the hole that is in the souls.
He takes the beaten women, and shows her how a man is supposed to treat a woman.
He takes the Lost and says "oyu are found"
Takes the forgotten and shows them love and that they are not forgotten
He takes you and me and says " I love you so much, I want to change you , so that you resemble me." Why? because people need Jesus!

The complete basis of why we are here is this: PEOPLE NEED JESUS! You need Jesus, I need Jesus, Everybody needs Jesus, and he wants US, you and me to represent Him to other people. That is amazing to think about, Jesus wants us to be used by Him, to show other people His insane love for everyone.

May He Shine richly on you this week,
Mike

No comments: