Monday, March 05, 2007

My Wife now has a mini-van



I thought the day would never come. I hoped, I prayed that this day would never come. Was not turning 35 not bad enough for me? Are not grey hairs, and starting to loose my vision penance for my past sins?

I guess not. Today my wife has traded her car for the dreaded mini-van. She smile's, I cry. Our kids are not even old enough to play soccer, and yet there it sits under our carport. What will the neighbors say? What will the church members think? Can I ever look at some of my friends that hunt in the eye again? Who knew my middle age crisis would involve a mini-van? I always thought that a Porsche would help me handle turning old. Alas, there it is. I pinch myself nad I still do not wake up. Please can anyone help me?

Mike

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I turned 30 this year. It amazing how things either start functioning in ways you didn't think they would or stop functioning all together.

As for the mini-van my wife has said, "Never!" Even if my kids are stuck in the back and have legs that dig into the back of our own seats no mini-van.

The one thing I would like to have is one of the those auctioned police cars. Ask them to leave the plexy divider so we can tune the kids out.

Pastor Jeff said...

Welcome to Old Age my Brother!

Anonymous said...

No minivan..but police cruiser with plexi glass, Wonderful!!

Unknown said...

Spent some time this week changing spark plugs (among other things) in my wife's Caravan. Have you ever seen where those things are? Your fun has just begun!

Anonymous said...

ok ok.. I bought MYSELF a minivan.. although it's a nice one... Town and Country Limited.. Full load.. DVD, to heated leather seats to sun roof... to... kick ass sound system... I don't look in the back when I drive it, but she sure rides like a luxury car!! WOOHOO!
Almo
almontgomery.com

Anonymous said...

ok ok.. I bought MYSELF a minivan.. although it's a nice one... Town and Country Limited.. Full load.. DVD, to heated leather seats to sun roof... to... kick ass sound system... I don't look in the back when I drive it, but she sure rides like a luxury car!! WOOHOO!
Almo
almontgomery.com