Monday, May 07, 2007

The Most Beautiful Sound

I have decided what I beleive to the worlds best sound. It is better than the kiss of newlyweds, or a baby cooing while it is being snuggled. The voice of long lost friend or relative. compares to nothing. The Birds singing, and the symphanies we find nature are nowhere compared to this sound. It's even better than the saints singing praises to our God and King. The sound:

It is when God's people open their bibles. I love when I hear Bibles opening. I love the sound of the pages rustling, the sound of bible covers opening. I love the sound of relief when someone finds the verse, and the sound the pages make when you flip through the Bible.

Why do I love the sound of the Bible being opened? Because it means we are getting ready to hear from The HOLY. It means that people are interasted in hearing from God, and not jsut being force fed by thier pastor. In a day where we can have our Bibles on MP3', CD's online, and verses shot on the screen behind me. There is still no greater joy then hearing God's people open God's book.

Surprise your pastor this week and on Sunday open your Bible. Have your whole church open thier Bibles. Enjoy the sound of God's book being open, as his people begin to feed on His Holy Word

-M

No comments: