Thursday, June 07, 2007

Changes

I hope that you are having a good week,

Have you ever noticed that the world is always changing? It is spring time here in God's country. On Sunday we had Temperatures in the 90's. Today it is raining and we are in the 50's-60's. This time last year I was living in Oregon in unfinished house, and unemployed. This year I am in new state, with a great church. Including myself I know about 5-10 guys that are either in new ministries this year, or not in the ministry all together. Change is happening everywhere.

My 23 month old daughter the other day came running our of her room in the morning giggling, as she did not have to wait on my wife or eye to get her out of the crib. It was the first time she slept in her bed. She now knows a since of freedom, that she never knew before. She is even trying to go potty on the potty instead of in diapers.

Change is happening all the time around us. Look at Gas prices if you don't believe me. However there is one thing stays the same. Jesus Christ. Do you know him?

There is a song by the group Tesla called "changes". It is describing how changes mess up our lives, how they re-arrange our lives. It's also a love song. I hope you enjoy it.


Changes are happen all around us. When I first heard that song, I was in the backseat of my brother's Camero. We were teenagers and did not get along then. 20 years later we get along and have no idea what happened to that old brown Camero.I drive a Sidekick,and he drives a Dodge Truck. We are both married, have families and we live in different states. Changes they are everywhere. They mess with our lives, they rearrange our lives. One of our young families from the church is moving this summer. They have lived here for over 10 years. Changes are happening everywhere.One of missionaries is coming back to the states, and it looks like they will be here for a year.

Jesus creates change in our lives. He likes to re-arrange our lives that put him as the focal point. He desires to be our lives, to be our North star, to be our compass, to be our Lighthouse and our GPS.

We are told in Colossians (mike's Paraphrase chapter 3) to put to death the following things: Sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, lust, greed, anger, wrath, malice slander and obscene talk from our mouths. Instead we should put on compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. He desires us to change so that we look more Jesus. As we walk with the Lord, we need to die to ourselves, and change. We should look more Jesus day after day, year after year, then we do the person that sells herself on the street corner for drugs, or the man who beats his wife and kids. Shoot we should act more like Jesus than the people we are shown in the TV shows we watch. Changes, they are everywhere, just look at the weather, look at your own life. There are changes in it.

If you know my King, then you know that He wants to change you, to mold you, to make you into something more beautiful than the mountains or the sea. He wants to make you and me, like Him; He desires that when the world sees us, It sees Jesus.

We need to allow Jesus to change us, so that we can share the one thing that doesn't change: his unchanging love to the world that desperately needs it.
-M

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike, you visited my site. You suggested a pulpit in Polson, MT. Rest assured, I already applied. I heard nothing in return, so I guess they have something else in mind.

Thank you for the visit, and please make sure you search my site for my new video sermons.

Malsteem said...

Marvin,
I will have to check out your site somemore. Sorry to here about the Polson opening. The people seem nice, and thier last minister and I got along well.

-M