Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Problem with the Church

Before we begin I want to let you know that I will be gone for the next 2 weeks. The Joys of summer camp. While I might be able to post, please do not count on anything from for the next two weeks.


I think I have figured out atleaset the heart of the issue, of why there are some many problems with our churches. People have stopped wanting to be like Jesus. We look and act more the world than we do the man who died on the Cross for our sins.

This needs to stop. Where there is gossip,lies and slander- we need to praise, where there is hatred, anger, we need to love and where thier is sexually impurites- we need to become pure. The world looks at the church and says "HYPOCRITS!". They are right, they see the exact same thigns from Christ' followers that themselves are doing. "Why would I worship Jesus, if you are no better than I am? If you behave the way that I do?"

That is not what we are suppossed to be doing, we are suppossed to be like Jesus, not the town drunk, wifebeater, gossip, theif, liar etc.

Todd Agnew wrote the song "My Jesus".



My Question for you this week is "Do I look more like Jesus or do like the world?"

No comments: