Thursday, July 05, 2007

Time for a change

I have been thinking that I need to change something to this blog, in my life. As many know that I am a pastor. One thing that many of us forget is Holy Living. Are we practicing it? are we challenging and encouraging our flocks to be Holy? Do Christ-followers even want to be Holy?

I believe that we have settled to be "good enough". To be more somewhere in the middle between the world and Christ. "If I look too much like Christ, then people will find me weird" and the idea of "I became all things to all people, so that I might save a few" becomes our mantra.

While we need to share the love of Jesus with everyone, we do not need to become everyone or walk like everyone. I do not need to sell my body on the streets on to share Jesus love with a street walker. I do not need to get high on crack, to show a crack addict, that he is destroying his life. What I need to do is to learn to see people as God sees them.

Are they His child? Do they want to be His Child? Have they ever been his child, and now are out walking in the wilderness?Does God want me to share His love to them or has God decided to give them over to their own desires (Romans 1). How can I show them Christ' love? Getting high won't help out, sleeping with them won't help out, condemning them won't help out.

What will? Getting them to know them, hearing their story, and sharing with them our story, our faith walk with the Holy One of God, the One who releases us from our bondage and our sins.

The challenge is doing this, while staying pure, set apart, while being an alien, a stranger in this land, to make sure that I do not become corrupted my self.

As we share the Love of Jesus with others, let us remember that the same love that saved me, is the same love that wants me to be Holy.

1 comment:

Pastor Jeff said...

Mike,

We sure don't talk enough about holy living in the Church. There has been such a push in recent years for us to accept the world and in that acceptance we have lost some of our identity. When I first became a Christian I was a part of a Church that stressed holiness. They did not tell you what to do, but lived it out in their own lives in such a way that it was appealing to me.

We have to let the Bible direct our living. One thing that each of us needs to do is to ask God what is in our lives that does not please Him and when he shows us we need to lay that down. We are definitely caught up in being comfortable right now.