Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Dream Church has an Opening...

AND I AM NOT INTERASTED


Last night out I found out that my dream church will have an opening for their Preaching Minister. The man who has beenthere is great man of God. I know all the elders, and most of the other ministerial staff. I have preached at a church in the town that the man grew up. I preached at atown close to where he did his grad work, and I even attended my dream church and met my wife there.

But I don't want it. I want to stay where I am at, and enjoy my time here in Montana. I want to see how God continues to shape and lead this little church, into a church that is reaching our Valley for the Lord.

Yes, a bigger church might be nice. Yes, already having known all the elders, thier wives, teaching some of thier kids, and praying with these men would be wonderful. But, it is not Montana, and it is not about the size of your church, or you wallet.
It is about serving God where he has you.

And He has me at the best place I've ever been, surrounded by people that love me, and love my family. I love these people here. I love that as one my leaders put's it "Simple farmers" figuring out things.

In Ministry we wil always have places that "might be" That "what might of been", or "I hope someday". But we are asked to live for today, to serve God today, to shepherd Christ flock today, where HE has placed us to serve.

I might never have a church of a 1,000 or sell books, and bible studies. I might never hae a lot of recongination. But I have Jesus what else do I really need?

May our Lord and Savior bless you this day.

-Mike

No comments: