Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Understanding Women.


One of the hardest things for a man to understand is a woman. God has created us differently and with different roles within the family, the home, the church and society.
When it comes to a Godly Woman we easily point to the biblical standard of Proverbs 31, Eve was called a help mate, etc. You might not be a Proverbs 31 woman right now, but by God's love and Grace, he can transform into this type of woman. Men we need allow our wives to be this type of woman, and we must love her like Christ Loved the Church.
As many of you know I am straight shooter. I tell the truth in Love, and alot of times it comes out as tough love. One of my goals for this year is to be gentler Pastor. Most men like my straight forward no-nonsense approach it speaks to their inner warrior. We like Jesus the Hero. He died for other people. Women like the Jesus with the Children and Lamb of God. Both forget that Jesus in Revelation is shown as King and a Lamb is butchered, battered and in the end pronouncing judgement on people as they are eternally consumed in the fires of hell.

But back to my point. I have bought a book today, that I hope will help me better serve the women of my church. The book is called "What women wish Pastors Knew: Understanding the Hopes, Hurts, Needs and Dream of Women in the church"

I have feeling that I am going to learn a lot and get a little butt-kicking. At the end I believe I will be able to minister to the women of my church and community better. One of my goals it be a better all around pastor, as I serve Christ and His Church.

-IW

No comments: